On Mother’s Day that was on Sunday, 9th May, I baked cookies with my mom for the first time. Before this I’ve made a couple of cakes, muffins and chocolates but this was our first try on cookies and if you saw the featured image, they turned out really great! This is the first time I’m posting about a recipe so I hope you guys like this post!
As you know, I love chocolates so much and we had just bought a new oven last October, I thought of trying out cookies. I had also made a brownie last month but I forgot to take its picture so I thought of sharing the cookies with you all! So without wasting anymore time, let’s start!
Ingredients (for 14 cookies)
- All Purpose Flour or ‘Maida’ – 1 cup
- Cocoa Powder – ¼ cup
- Powdered Sugar/Icing Sugar – ½ cup
- Vanilla Essence – 4 to 5 drops
- Baking Powder – ½ teaspoon
- Butter – ½ cup
- An Oven or Microwave with Convection mode required.
- Choco Chips – 4 tablespoon (2tbsp for dough and 2tbsp for decoration)
- In a bowl, take around 100 grams of butter at room temperature and stir it with the help of a whisker. You can also use electric blender. Whisk until the butter melts.
- After the butter has melted, add powdered sugar and mix further until the mixture turns white.
- Now add all the dry ingredients with the measurements provided above (all purpose flour, cocoa powder, baking powder) using a sieve. Adding ingredients using the sieve mixes them evenly.
- Mix the ingredients with the mixture of butter and sugar. Then add few drops of vanilla essence.
- You can now start to pre-heat your oven at 180° for 10 minutes.
- After stiring everything completely, make a dough of the mixture. If your mixture seems dry, add two spoons of milk.
- Before finshing the dough, add 2 tablespoons of choco chips to the dough.
- After the dough is done, divide the dough into 14 small pieces and make them into the shape of cookies. Don’t make them too big as after baking, the size doubles.
- The oven must have preheated now.
- Arrange the cookies on a baking tray and garnish with choco chips. Press the choco chips over the cookies so that they stay within the cookie while baking.
- Bake them at 180° for 18 minutes.
- After 18 minutes, your house will be filled with chocolate aroma! Take out the baking tray carefully and leave them as it is for 1 hour.
- Your cookies are ready to serve!
These cookies turn out great and you should definitely try them if you are a chocolate lover like me!
Did you have fun, because I had loads doing it. If you did, don’t forget to like the post and drop a comment!
Follow me on Pinterest.
For collaborations, interviews and guest posts fill out the form on my contact page. (I am really sorry if I schedule your Collab/Interview/ Guest Post late as I have a very tight blogging schedule these days)